Sunday, March 13, 2016

Swap Cards

Sorry I've been gone so long.....lots going on at church at here at the Stamping Classroom!  I'm going to be playing the organ for a wedding at church in early April and I've been playing phone tag with the bride and the soloist to get the music nailed down and rehearsals set.  So far so good on that front.  Then, there is the constant battle with the church's payroll company.  They have yet to give me a correct payroll this year.  Constant phone calls there too.



On a brighter note,  The Stray Ducklings, our Central Illinois demonstrator group, met last Saturday.  There were about 10 of us and we had a great meeting, great demonstrations and then of course we all go out to lunch afterwards.  This is just one of the great benefits of being a Stampin' Up demonstrator.  I've made some great friends among my fellow demonstrators.  And they come to your rescue.  When cutting the cardstock for my classes which were held this past week, I discovered that I didn't have enough Watermelon Wonder, and it was too late to order any from Stampin' Up.  I put a call out and mama duck, Lori Helvick came to my rescue.  Thank you Lori!

Yours truly gave one of the demonstrations.  I called it Tips, Tricks and Techniques - I showed two techniques to make your cards a bit exceptional; a trick with Press & Seal and a tip on how to flatten your Big Shot cutting plates when they get warped.  I think the Press & Seal impressed them the most.  Probably a run on the stuff in Peoria.

Below is the card that I made for the swap.  I will show you all of the others over the next few days.  Our challenge was to use a stamp set from the annual catalog, a stamp set that we had bought but not used yet.  I got the idea for my card from Dawn Olchefske at Dostamping.typepad.com.    She used this stamp set to highlight how to use the note tag punch.  I loved the card so much I bought the stamp set.  But that was early fall and I never made the card or used the stamp set.  So here is the card I cased from Dawn:



Isn't she a cutie?  Sure to put a smile on anyone's face who receives this card.   I used Crystal Effects to give her big shiny eyes.  Here is the recipe:

Stamp Sets:  Your Sublime, One Big Meaning (inside sentiment)
Inks:  Basic Black, Cucumber Crush, Crushed Curry
Card Stock:  Cucumber Crush 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2; 4 x 5 1/4 for front of card
                      Shimmer White - 3 1/2 x 3 1/2
                      Whisper white - 4 x 5 1/4 (for inside of card)
                       Cherry On Top DSP - 3 /14 x 3 1/4
Accessories:  Note Tag Punch, Crystal Effects, Itty Bity Punch Pack, Aqua Painter, Rhinestones and the Large Polka dot Embossing folder.

Hope you enjoyed my swap card.  If you would like to order any of these items, click on the images below and it will take you to my website where you can shop!

Also, if you would like to join my team of demonstrators and enter a world of creativity and lasting friendships, contact me today!

Happy Stamping!

Sheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10