Friday, February 5, 2016

So Cool!

Good morning fellow stampers!

How's that for a shout out!  Wake you up? 

Today I'm going to show you a really cool note card.  I used a three of items from the Sale-a-Bration catalog (one item free with a every $50 purchase before tax and S&H).  The stamp set is called Flowering Fields found on page 12 of the catalog.  I also used the coordinating paper called Wildflower Fields Designer Series paper.  I used Black Stazon ink and stamped the flower images on the Botanical Garden Designer Vellum Stack (page 4).  I then turned it over and used my Stampin'Write markers and colored the flowers on the back of the velum.  It gives a nice soft color when flipped over.  You can also do some shading with the markers:  I colored in the large flowers with So Safron marker and then I ourlined the flower in a darker yellow - Crushed Curry.  The color markers I used coordinated with the colors in the Designer Series Paper. 



The note card size is 3-1/2 x 5.  To save the vellum paper( which is 6x6), I cut the panel 3" x 3 -1/2.  Since the card is 5" tall, I cut the DSP in 1x 3 1/2" strips.  I adhered the vellum with 4 glue dots.  Usually you can see the glue dots on plain vellum, and you have to cover them up, but because this has some white printing on it, you can't see the glue dots!  Yeah!

 Don't you just love the textured background and the clean sharp images?  I will warn you however, that vellum is a bit slippery and it doesn't absorb the ink like cardstock would.  So my suggestion to you is to make sure your stamp is fully inked before placing it on the vellum - stamp on your messy mat first - then reink.  Use firm pressure, but not too hard.  And leave it on the vellum for several seconds so that the ink is transfered.  You might want to practice on a scrap piece of vellum before trying this.  Just a suggestion. 

Hope you enjoyed todays card!



Here's another video from Stampin' Up! showing the Botanical Gardens Vellum stack.




Sheryl
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10