Monday, February 8, 2016

My Note Cards Continue....

Today I'm showing you a masculine note card...one that could be used for valentines day.  My guy loves anything aernautical  so this is right up his alley.  Nothing foofey about this card!  I used The Sky is the Limit stamp set from the Sale-a-Bration catalog. (FYI this stamp will be going away on 2/15/16, replaced with some new exciting Sale-a-Bration products!)

My inspiration for this card came from two places;  Angie Juda and Tami White - both highly imaginative and successful Stampin'Up demonstrators.  So here it is;




The biggest challenge of this card, as in life, is not to fly the airplane upside down!   I used the lovely crumb cake colored note cards and cut a piece of crumb cake 4 3/4 x 3 1/4.  First I stamped the sentiment and the airplane on the 43/4 x 3 /14 piece of card stock, in archival black.   I then used my brayer to ink up the World Traveler Textured Impressions folder (Page 39 of the Occasions Catalog), in Crumb Cake Ink on the back side of the folder.  Carefully place the card, face down (and make sure it's right side up to the map) and closed the folder and gently rubbed it all over to transfer the ink.  Easy!  Using the 3/4" circle punch, I punched out a circle in vellum and attached it with a mini silver brad.  Using 5 dimensionals,  I mounted this to the front of the note card.  I stamped the inside and the envelope and it was done!


The world is a bit tilted on my card.  I was going for realism :)

I hope you enjoyed todays card.  Please leave me a comment, if you can figure out how to.  I love hearing from you!


Sheryl
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10