Saturday, September 26, 2015

The Cards that Didn't Make it.....


Good morning friends!

Today I thought I would share with you some cards that I selected for my classes, but for one reason or another, they didn't make the cut.  (Maybe they will show up in future classes, you never know), and why.

When I'm designing a class I have to keep in mind the time factor, which means the cards either have to be fairly simple, or I have to do a lot of pre cutting.

I also have to take in consideration the "get Up" factor.  I have a small house and I don't want everyone having to get up 2 or 3 times per card to go use the Big Shot or Emboss or use the scoring buddy.  That would cause a big traffic jam.  So I usually try to make it worth their while at the Big Shot... they have to do several things, like emboss, then cut out with a framelitt, etc....

One last consideration is, is it a pretty card?  Some cards I see on Pinterest or on other blogs, look wonderful, and then I make it and find out it's not quite that pretty in person, or it's way more involved and wouldn't work in a class situation.   Or I don't have the card stock or embellishments
in stock.  That happens a lot where I don't have the right color of card stock and I have to change 'er up.

So here are the runner ups... I will share more with you tomorrow.

This one I had to use the scoring buddy and the in color ribbon is a tad expensive - only 5 yards on the roll!



There is no excuse for this card.... It's very pretty using the Sheltering Tree stamp set - I just never got around to adding it to a class.  I used Strawberry Slush as the card base, and it's springy looking.  This definitely will resurface next spring in one of my classes.  With a substitute for the Strawberry Slush - Rose Red perhaps?

Tomorrow I'll share with you some Christmas cards that I made last year and didn't make the cut either.

Class Pre-Instruction!


Here is a short video created by Stampin'Up! showing how the Christmas Shaker card kit goes together.  This is one of the cards that will be featured in my October class.  So get a leg up on how to put this really cute card together!



Until next time,

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10