Friday, September 4, 2015

A Little Bit of Fall

Even though the temperature is hovering around 95 degrees, I can tell it's starting to be Fall by the change in the color of the sunlight - it's softer and more golden.  Today's card was inspired by this and also it was my warm up card for the shoebox swap that I'm participating in this Sunday.  The challenge was to create a simple card, that could be made in 15 minuets or less, and use at least 3 elements from the new Stampin' Up! Holiday catalog.

Oh the agony of creating something from scratch!  I usually either CASE (copy and share everything) a card design from my favorite demonstrators, or I go to Pinterest.  Well, this time I thought I'd just do without all that.  Took me 5 hours to design this card, and many, many revisions.  In fact the final version looks absolutely nothing like the first version!  And it's nothing too exciting.  So enough discussion;  here it is;





This is a 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 finished card.  I used Soft Suede cardstock as my base.  The Designer Series paper is Into the Woods.  The cute acorn stamps and punch are a bundle found on page 45 of the new Holiday catalog.  The products are listed below.

Have a great day an make sure to stamp something!

Sheryl


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


4 comments:

  1. Love this sweet card! Perfect for fall! Glad you shared it at PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was trying not to order DSP with this catalog however I have no willpower. I can't wait for this DSP to arrive with Mr Brown next week. Then I can CASE your card. I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! Don't worry about how long it took. That gets easier with practice. :-) Thanks for joining us at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you've just changed my mind about those acorns! This card so cute. Thanks for sharing with Pals Paper Arts.

    ReplyDelete

09 10