Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A Stepped Up Card

Good Morning!  I'm digging this cooler weather.  Chloe, my puppy, is full of beans on these crisp mornings.  I just finished cleaning up chewed up bark under my dining room table.  We have an old tree stump out back and Chloe likes to peel off the bark and chew it up.  It was cold out this morning, so she sneaked it in.  Go figure.  The puppy mind is truly a mystery.

Today I'm going to show you a stepped up card.  What do I mean by stepped up?  Well, you take a card that's a bit plain and with a little help from Stampin' Up, you make it into a WOW card.  The original card was a butterfly stamped on a notecard from Stampin' Up and then the black detailed butterfly attached on top.  Very pretty in it's simplicity.



Well, I couldn't leave enough alone.  I made a full size card (4-1/4 x 5 -1/2 ) in Basic black.  I put a whisper white layer over it (4 x 5-1/4), and used the Fluttering embossing impressions folder to give me a back ground of many butterflies.  I then stamped the butterfly using the WaterColor Wings stamp set,




cut out the butterfly using the thinlitts, and attached to the card.



For antennas I used a black sharpie and colored a bit of linen thread.  I attached that to the back of the butterfly head with a dimensional.  I attached the detailed butterfly with glue dots, and then the entire butterfly with dimensional.  I scattered rhinestones on the background butterflies, and used a line of rhinestones on the back of the butterfly.  The sentiment is part of the Watercolor Wings stamp set and was just cut out and backed with basis black paper.  I thought it turned out pretty nifty.


I'm planning on filming two new videos this week.  We will have to see how that goes!  I have my classes this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, so I may be off the radar a couple of days.  It's Pumpkin Festival in Morton this week (yeah!) and Chloe's birthday on Saturday.  She's having a birthday party at Doggie Daycare.  Pictures WILL be posted.

Until later my friends, keep stamping and sharing!

Sheryl


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10