Monday, September 7, 2015

The Reveal - My Shoebox Card

Good Morning!  I hope you are enjoying your Labor Day weekend.  Yesterday, I went to Sterling Illinois (yes, it's a long drive, but worth it!) with 3 of my fellow demonstrators from the Peoria area for the First Annual Demonstrators Holiday Catalog Shoebox Swap.  That's a lot of words!  Mary Booker was our host.

In case you don't know, a shoebox swap is where you design a card, and cut all the card stock, provide the stamps, ink and anything else you used to create the card.  Put all this in a "shoebox".  Then other people take your box, look at your card and make their own card following your design.  It's a great way of seeing other people's creativity and trying out new product.

Anywho, we arrived at Mary's house around 2 and met the 4 other demonstrators and we got right down to business.  Tomorrow I will share with you some of the cards that we made.  But for today, here it my card that I created for the swap.

Outside of card - I used the new Corrugated Paper and the BoHo impressions folder

This is the inside of the card.  Had a few strips of the corrugated paper and put them to good use!
It only took me 5 hours to create this card, along with the other one I showed you the other day.  I thought it turned out pretty good.  I was trying really hard to come up with something on my own.  I finally caved and went looking for inspiration.  I did get ideas from Linda Heller of Stamping School, and then a card I found on Pinterest, created by Leena Girsa.   However, the inside of the card is all mine!

The elements I used in my card were:
Paper:  Blackberry Bliss, whisper white, corrugated paper, In to the Woods Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Mossy Meadow, Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss
Stamps:  Acorny Thank you
Accessories:  Acorn Builder Punch, 2 1/2" circle punch, Circle Framelits, Boho Chic Impressions Folder

All items either in the Annual Catalog or the Holiday Catalog.  If you would like the order any of these items, click on the links below....

Have a great day and go stamp something!

Sheryl
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10