Friday, August 21, 2020

Card #4 - August 2020 Class


 Good Morning!

Today is the last card in my series of 4 cards that highlight the new Winter/Fall Stampin'Up mini catalog.

This paper and stamp set is what is called, a "returning favorite".  Christmas Gleaming is the stamp set and set of ornament punches.   It may look familiar to you, but that is because is was in the 2019 Mini Catalog.  You can actually order the stamp set, the two ornament punches and the designer series paper as a bundle.  I've tried to put a new spin on it, with a paper folding technique.  Here is the card:  

The frame around the center ornament is accomplished by folding back the corners of the Designer Series Paper.  I've included a template for you to use in folding back this corner so you will get consistent results:



Cut a rectangle out of whisper white paper, 1-7/8" x 2-1/2".  On the 1-7/8" side, measure down 1-1/8" and put a tick mark.   On the bottom left, measure 1/2" from left edge and put a tick mark.  Cut diagonally between the tick marks.  See my video for how I use this to create my card.  

I also blinged up the envelope, using the envelope dies found in the Winter Mini, page 40.

Here is the envelope inside and outside!  This really compliments the card and makes it extra special.  




Here is the recipe sheet for this card:    


And here is the video......




Hope you enjoyed this series of 4 cards.  Remember to leave a comment to enter your name in the drawing of a set of these cards!  I'm giving away 4 of them - one each day!

Let me know if you have any questions on how to make these cards.  I'll be happy to help!

Blessings,
Sheryl


1 comment:

  1. That's a neat technique. This bundle is one of my favorites and I'm glad to see it return. Thanks for sharing your tips and tricks with us.

    ReplyDelete

09 10