Monday, August 10, 2020

August 2020 Stray Duckling Blog Waddle - Fancy Folds

Welcome to the August Stampin' Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle!  I hope our samples are inspirational to you!





This months inspiration is fancy fold cards and I thought I would use product from the new Holiday Mini Catalog - so many beautiful things!

Here is my card which is called a teepee card.  It does fit, when folded into a regular A2 envelope - it looks harder than what it is:


 
This is called a teepee card and I got my inspriation from Angie Juda, better known as Chicn'Scratch.  She mad it into a Christmas card.  Here is a link to her video which really shows you how to make this card simply:  https://chicnscratch.com/2020/08/teepee-card.html

Here are the supplies:

Card Stock:  Cajun Craze - 3 - 4 x 4 piece scored diagonally one way, scrap for cutting the scalloped oval
Magic in this Night DSP - 2 pieces cut 3-3/4 x 3-3/4; cut in half diagonally - you will only need 3 of these
Whisper white - 3-3/4 x 3-3/4, cut in half diagonally for the inside, scrap for front sentiment

I cut out the bats from the DSP using the Halloween Night dies.  I stamped "Trick-or-Treat" on a scrap of whisper white and then punched is out using the Classic label punch.  

Here is a picture of how the 3 scored squares are glued together. One on the diagonal and the other two are attached  as shown:



Glue these together, adhere on the DSP and then close the card with small magnets;  you can purchase these on Amazon.  Here is the link:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G878JHK/ref=dp_cerb_1


The size is 8mm x 1mm.  Adhere two magnets on with glue dots.  I also used the black iridescent  pearls.  

All these (other than the magnets) are found in the Magic in the Night Suite, Holiday Catalog.  

Leave a comment and let me know what you think of this card.  I thought it was fun and unique.  I'm going to be making more of these in the near future!

Here is the list of the bloggers participating in this months waddle.  Your next destination is: Nancy Legate



Blessings,

Sheryl


4 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!! I almost did a card like this :) LOVE It!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card! I love those bats! What color did you stamp them with?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl, very cute card! I love the Halloween paper and design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sheryl, I love this fun-fold with the Halloween paper!!

    ReplyDelete

09 10