Friday, September 10, 2021

September 2021 Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle - I'm falling for Fall!

 Hello Friends!  

Welcome to another Stray Duckling Blog Waddle (we waddle, we don't hop).  

This month we are celebrating fall and/or Halloween.  The card that I designed, I got my inspiration from Diane Evans, a demonstrator in Canada. Here is the link to her post.  Click Here to view. 

Here is my card - I used gold foil paper and Dark Cherry Cobbler,  Dark Evening Evergreen and Dark Cajun Craze Stampin' Blends and 91% alcohol to make this unique card.  I also used the little fence from the Sheep Sale-a-Bration die set (free with a $50 order), because, like bacon, everything looks better with a cute little fence.  


I got the idea to use the scrapes from the cut out of the tree canapy from one of my customers.  In fact she's the one who directed me to this technique.  Thank you Cathi!


The Technique:  I took a piece of foil that would fit the canopy die (2-3/4 x 3-1/2), and randomly scribbled the three colors on it with Stampin'Blends - then I took a paint brush, dipped in the 91% rubbing alcohol(must be at least 91% - anything lower has too much water in it) and dabbed it on the foil.  I pretty much saturated it.  Then you set it aside and let the magic happens as it dries.   The alcohol markers dissolve with the alcohol leaving a very pretty and interesting pattern.  Once it is dry, I cut out the tree canopy using the Beautiful Tree dies.  Save those little pieces that pop out.  I used those on the small stamped tree image for the inside.   The tree on the front of the card was die cut out of Early Espresso, again using the Beautiful Tree dies.  The background is the Beauty of the Earth DSP, found in the 2021-2022 annual catalog.  

The gold foil in combination with the colors makes the tree come alive.  At least that's what I thought.  
I embossed in gold the sentiment on a scrape of Early Espresso and cut it out with the small frame die found in the Beautiful Tree Dies set.  My bad, I used a retired stamp set for the sentiment - but it fit!

Here are the other measurements that I used for my card.  

Stamp Set:  Beauty of Friendship
Inks: Versa Mark (for embossing)
          Early Espresso (tree stamp on the inside of the card)
          Stampin'Blends - Dark Cajun Craze, Dark Cherry Cobbler, Dark Evening Evergreen
Card Stock:
          Gold foil Sheet - 2-3/4 x 3-1/2
          Merry Merlot - 4-/14 x 11, score @ 5-1/2
          Beauty of the Earth DSP - 4 x 5-1/4
          Early Espresso - 3-1/2 x 4-3/4 for die cut tree trunk; 1 x 2 for front sentiment- heat embossed
          Cinnamon Cider - 2 x 3-1/4 to die cut fence - sponge edges lightly with Early Espresso Ink
          Basic White - 4 x 5-1/4
Other Stuff:
          Water Painters
           Sheep Dies
           Beautiful Tree Dies
           Metallic Embossing Powders
           Sponge Dauber
           Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
           Heat Tool



Want to see some more beautiful cards and get inspired for fall?  Waddle next on over to Nancy Legate

Here is a list of all the Ducklings participating in this months Blog Waddle


Please take care,

Sheryl




5 comments:

  1. What a great technique! I'm so glad you explained it because I kept thinking, "Where's the gold foil?" LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, i love your card! It is absolutely stunning! THank you for sharing the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love fall colors and this is a great combination!

    ReplyDelete

09 10