Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Stray Duckling Swap

Hellooo!

This last Saturday, I had a demonstrator meeting.  We call ourselves the Stray Ducklings, because all of us have lost our up-lines.  Lori H. came up with the great idea of getting all of us strays together so we could share our experience and encourage each other.  It is a wonderful and supportive group.

One of the things we do, is do swaps, so we can get more ideas for our classes.  The challenge this time was to make a card using Washi Tape.  If you went to the annual Card Fair that we put on, Kelly I. did a wonderful demonstration for the many uses of Washi Tape.  It's kind of the forgotten tool.  I love using it;  I just wish I would remember to use it more often!

This week I will be sharing the cards that I received.  But first, I will show you my card that I made:



It was a bit of a fussy card to make, but fun.  I cut out the large stocking and the one with the snowflake in real red.  I then cut out the toe, the heel, the top and the snowflake with Dazzling Diamond Glimmer paper.  The holly and berries were stamped in real red and old olive, then cut out with the same thinlit set that I used for the stockings.  The sentiments are from the same set.  The washi tape is the Candy Cane Lane Washi tape.  A little touch of burlap ribbon finished the card.  I thought it turned out well.

Below are the supplies that I used.  Over the next few days, I will be sharing the swaps that I received.

Hope you have a blessed day!

Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10