Friday, September 2, 2016

Wedding Bells

Good morning fellow stampers!

I know you will empathize with me when I tell you what I went through to make this (as it turned out), very simple and elegant wedding card.  I originally saw this on Pinterest.  Of course I saw all kinds of other ideas and tutorials on wedding cards.  My first idea was to make a gift card holder/easel card.  But life got in the way and it ended up a rush job, so out went the more complicated, and in came the easy peasy one.  Here is the card:


and here is the inside:


Here is the recipe:

Stamp sets:  Suite Sayings and Flourishing Phrases
Ink:  Marina Mist
Paper:  Thick Whisper White - 4-1/4 x 11, score at 5-1/2
             Soft Sky - 4 x 5-1/4, (cut 2);  scrap for scallop oval for sentiment
             Shimmer White (front of card) - 3 7/8 x 5-1/8
             Shimmer white scrap for sentiment
             Whisper White - 3-3/4" x 5 for inside

Accessories:  Pearls, Wink of Stella, clear; Dimensionals, Bloomin' Heart Thinlits

I cut the heart out of the shimmer paper and then repositioned it over the soft sky cardstock and put the heart back in the space.  Of course I used my precision plate and die brush to make my life easier!

 I then cut out two large flower and three small flowers with the thinlits and adhered them to the heart where they fit.  I added lots of pearls and clear wink of stella on the flowers.  I used the layering oval framelits to frame the sentiment and popped that on with dimensionals.
           
Pretty easy, but I used a lot of "stuff".  It happens when you make cards!  And your stamping space starts to get smaller and smaller because you have so much "stuff" around!  Anyway, I thought the card turned out pretty good.  I think the bride will appreciate it!

That's it for today!  I'll be posting my September Class projects here in the next day or so (I hope).

Have a wonderful day!

Sheryl




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10