Thursday, August 18, 2016

Thoughtful Branches - I'm still at it!

Good Morning Fellow Stampers!

Today I'm showing you a little thank you that I'm making for the ladies who have signed up to take my Thoughtful Branches Class next week.  Seriously, this stamp set and thinlit bundle is one of the best sets Stampin' Up has ever come up with!    The possibilities are endless... and so much fun!  For the card, I made my own designer series paper - I CASED this idea from fellow demonstrator, Janet Wakeland....


I used a sheet  of 8-1/2 x 11" piece of very vanilla card stock and the leaf stamp in Thoughtful Branches. The ink I used was Peek-A-Boo Peach, Cajun Craze and Night of Navy.  I stamped the leaf randomly all over the sheet of card stock. I then used the dotty cone shaped stamp (It's suppose to be the leaves for the trio of trees stamp).  I think Janet referred to it as fish eggs. ( It does look like fish eggs!).  I inked this up in versa mark, randomly stamped it then embossed with the new copper embossing powder.  Quick, easy and spectacular looking!

I cut it down to make some cards.  This was a suggestion from Stampin' Up:  score a piece of 8-1/2 x 11 at 4-1/4 (long side).  then turn the paper and cut every 2.75 inches - out of one piece of card stock you will get 4,  2-3/4 x 4-1/4 cards.  A bit small but great for a quick thank you card or a card to attach to a gift.

So here is my card:






I used Cajun Craze, and very vanilla.  I cut the cajun craze to 4-1/4 x 2-3/4, and the "DSP" to 4 -1/4 x 1-1/4.  Night of Navy Ink and Cajun Craze were used for the sentiment, which I punched out with the decorative label punch and popped it up on dimensionals.    I could of added the copper thread and maybe some other accents, but sometime you just have to walk away from it and call it done.  It was very quick to put together.  And kind of cute.

I hope my ladies enjoy these little cards - my gift to them!

Have a blessed day, my friends,

Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10