Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Happy Birthday

Good Morning!

I finished up my classes last week.  I had quite a few kits left over so I've gone ahead and made up the cards... I plan on selling them at my events, or setting up something here in town to sell my many,many, many cards.  And yet, when a birthday comes up, I still have to make a new one from scratch;  one that matches that person's personality.  This is what happened this week.  Not only was it my grandson's 13th birthday, but it was his GOLDEN birthday - that means he turned 13 on the 13th of August.  Here's a picture of him when he was 8 years old and had just caught (won at a Christmas Party Auction) the world's largest Lutefisk (at least that's what we called him).



Here he is today;  his first day as a Morton Junior High 7th grader:  What a difference.  He is growing into an amazing young man!


So to commemorate the great occasion of his 13th birthday,  I made him this card.  Warning;  I used retired stamp sets, but this is just so him I had to do it!




The current product I did use was the Large Number Framelits die and the Gold Glimmer paper.  I also used the Stylized Birthday greeting.  I got the multiple colors on the Happy Birthday by just tapping the stamp pad on the stamp.  used the darkest first, then light, then medium.  It's not perfect, but it will do.  Sorry, I used the 2014-2016 In colors.  My stamp room is in such a mess right now because of my two classes, that these were the only stamp sets that I had available.  However, I feel the bright vibrant colors are what a 13 year old boy is all about.

Not to mention that I made his favorite birthday meal:  chicken enchiladas and chocolate mousse pie.  I don't spoil him at all!

Make someone's day by giving them one of your hand stamped cards!

Sheryl

Don't forget for this month only - Thoughtful Branches!  Click on image to order!



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10