Thursday, July 13, 2017

More July Birthdays

Good Morning!

Today I thought I would share with you two birthday cards I made for my grandaughter and grandson, both who have birthdays in July (as well as about 5 more people in the immediate family).

The first one is the one I made for Maelyn - she turned 5 on July 11th.  Why I can show this to you, is that she is on vacation with her mom and family in North Carolina this week.  We will be celebrating her birthday next week.  Anyway, I wanted a card that was quick to make....I'm busy!  And a card that would be a delight to a young child - I found the perfect solution on page 69 of the annual catalog.  The Birthday Delivery Bundle - It's a special bundle:  you get this adorable stamp set, the Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper and the Birthday Friends Framelits.  The best part, is that the framelits cut out the characters in the designer series paper.  Doesn't get much easier than that.  Here is Maelyn's card:


Isn't it cute?  The Designer Series paper is amazing.  The fox, the banner, the cake and the gift box all cut out using the framelits and the DSP!  The sentiments are from the same stamp set.  I added some glitter enamel dots to bling it up a bit because she is a girl and she loves birthday cake.  Win Win!

Here is Sage's birthday card (his birthday isn't until July 30th).  Similar but this bear I fussy cut out by hand (you can tell!).  He's such a sweet bear and so happy!



Same thing other than I used the thinlits to cut out one of the balloons and popped it up on a dimensional.  Same with the little party hat on the inside.  The sentiments I used the stitched ovals and the layered ovals framelits.  Took me longer to find the stamp set than to make the card.

This truly is a versatile set - great for adults as well as kids!  You can make cards, place settings, treat bags and many other things.  Check out the entire suite on pages 68 and 69 of the annual catalog.



Hope you enjoyed today's card share.
May you have a blessed day!

Sheryl



No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10