Wednesday, July 12, 2017

House Warming, Part II

Good Morning!

The card I want to show today, is one that made recently.  We have a new vicar at our church and he moved into our vicarage in Peoria a couple of weeks ago.   Our church family got together and bought several gift cards for local restaurants, so that our he and his family, while moving in, could order out and not have the stress of trying to make meals when things were still in boxes.

I couldn't just give him a gift card.  I HAD to make a cute gift card holder to go with it.  This card is cased from Linda Heller, known for her Stamping School and blog, Where the Rubber Hits the Road.  This one is a lot more detailed.  The first card only took me about two hours to make a just a little cussing.  The second card went much faster.



I used the Brick Wall embossing folder, to make the bricks.  The stamp set and it's coordinating thinlits is found on page 54.  The good news is that you can purchase this as a bundle and save 10%.  I think with the right colors and wreath, this would make a darling Christmas or fall card.    The wood frame was the door stamped on Wood Textures designer series paper then trimed out.  The window in the door has a window sheet behind it so it looks like real glass!

The best part of the card is the inside:

I cut 4 strips of the Wood Texture DSP in 1/4"x4 strips, two I  cut in half, then manually cut the points.  I used the other two to make the horizontal rails.  Using glue dots I carefully assembled, making sure I avoided the center of the fence, so I could insert my gift card.

Here is the 2nd card that I made... I used crumb cake for the house instead of the Marina Mist.  Not quite as vibrant as the 1st card but good enough!


The most difficult part of the card was coloring the wreath, lamp and flower basket.  My eye balls aren't what they used to be.  Doing really close up work is kind of haphazard for me.

This card looks AMAZING in person and it was fun to make!  I hope you enjoyed todays share!


And now here is a video from Stampin'Up about this product, that I thought you would enjoy!


Until later,

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10