Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Babies and More

Good Morning!

Lately, a lot of people I know are having babies!  A young couple from my church, recently had a baby girl.  The mother is in my Stampin'Up demonstrator's downline, so I had to make an extra special card.  I searched YouTube and Pinterest for ideas.  I saw a card made with the stamp set "Moon Baby", by Brandy Cox.  So being a true forger, I cased her card.  Here it is:


Isn't this adorable?  I used Chocolate chip, pink pirouette and whisper white.  The ink color was Archival Basic Black.  I colored the baby and moon with water color pencils and a blender pen.  The cute silvery stars and dots are metallic enamel shapes.  I will have all the supplies at the end of this post.  Here is the recipe:

Stamp Set:  Moon Baby
Ink:  Basic Black, water color pencils (so saffron, melon mambo, early espresso, calypso coral); Pink pirouette
Paper:  Chocolate Chip:  8-1/2 x 5-1/2, scored at 4-1/4.  Top fold;  3-3/4 x 2-1/2
             Pink Pirouette:  5-1/4 x 4 (Cut 2 - one for inside of card)
             Whisper white:  3-3/4 x 5 (2); 2-1/4 x 3-1/2, scrape to stamp moon baby

Pink and dark brown color combination is one of my favorite.  I stamped the moon baby and colored it with water color pencils and a blender pen.  I then fussy cut out the baby and hanging star and adhered to the 2-1/4 x 3-1/2 stamped piece of card stock.   I did a background of stars using pink pirouette.  Check out Brandy's video at YouTube https://youtu.be/LoERga3sps0.

Here is another one I made, following Brandy's design:


So adorable!  This card I used Blushing Bride and Chocolate Chip.

And here is the inside - please note I was very tired and stamping this late at night.  Either that or I have one eye lower than the other and I always stamp crooked.  The sad part is that I was using a Stamp-A-Majigg.  I can't stamp straight even with a stamp positioning tool!


That's it for today.  I absolutely love the Moon Baby stamp set.  If you would like to order any of these products, please click on the images below and that will bring you to my on-line store.  Or just give me a call!

Until later,

Blessings,

Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10