Monday, February 13, 2017

Lovely as A Tree - Watercolor

Good Morning Stampers!

I want to share with you a card that we made in my January Class which featured 3 different ways to watercolor.  This card was inspired by Kim Jolley at Stampin'Artfully.  She had a tutorial that showed how to "watercolor" with baby wipes!  She laid down a background by dipping crunched up baby-wipes on the ink pad, then dabbing,squishing the baby wipe on the card stock.  She also used a clean baby wipe to soften her stamped images.  Here is my interpretation of her tutorial:


People have told me that it reminds them of winter in Central Park New York City.  It does look like a cityscape!  The trees are embossed - I used archival black ink and immediately put clear embossing powder on it and then heat set the embossing powder.

Kim recommended water color paper.  I tried that, but I had a hard time inking the trees on the water color paper.  So I used shimmer paper - this works well for water coloring because it has a coating on it that doesn't absorb the water as quickly as regular card stock would.  Plus, it gives the card a nice sheen and shimmer.

Stamp Sets:  Lovely as a Tree, Touches of Texture, Timeless Texture

Ink:  Smokey Slate, Crumb Cake, Sahara Sand, Soft Suede, Archival Black

My students found this a fun and easy way to get a water color effect.  It doesn't look like much until you get the trees on it  - and then it all comes together.  Everyone's looked different but beautiful!

Visit Kim's website for more inspiration on this technique and her tutorial; http://stampinartfully.blogspot.com/

Thanks for stopping by today.  May you have a blessed day!

Sheryl

1 comment:

09 10