Monday, February 6, 2017

February Class is now in Session!

Howdy, fellow Stampers!

The February 2017 card class for My Stamping Classroom is in session and I'm so excited to share this with you.  Once a year I like to do a class that features the note cards that Stampin' Up! sells, (item# 131527).   I love these cards for many reasons:

  • Best Value in the catalog!  20 3-1/2 x 5 cards and envelopes for only $6!
  • They require no additional postage when mailed
  • Quick and easy way to build up a stash of cards
  • Makes a beautiful, useful and thoughtful gift
Here is a picture of what we will be making - all 20 cards plus a beautiful gift box (8 note cards and envelopes fit very nicely in this box).



In addition, these cards are made as a One-Sheet-Wonder - in other words, one sheet of 12 x 12 Designer Series paper makes all 20 cards!   The stamp set is Fresh Fruit (item# 141770) and the Designer Series Paper is Fruit Stand DSP (item #141660).  You can get 8 sets of DSP for the notecards out of one package of Fruit Stand DSP. (that would be 160 notecards!)

I've had my eye on this stamp set and designer series paper ever since it came out in the new 2016-2017 catalog.  I LOVE it!  The colors are so summer and right now as I'm in the middle of winter, I could use some color right now!  The layout for cutting the 12 x 12 paper came from Brenda Quintana, a very talented Stampin'Up! Demonstrator in Canada.  Check out her blog here: http://qbeesquest.blogspot.com/.  She did a similar set of 20 note cards a couple of years ago.  I took her idea and transformed it into the Fresh Fruit stamp set.  The only difference is that I mixed up 4 sheets of DSP to make this.  

We will be making 5 cards of 4 different Fruits (5 of the Pear, 5 of the Peach, 5 of the Flower, 5 of the Strawberry), with their coordinating Fruit Stand DSP Paper.  



In addition, we will be making a cute box to carry some of the cards in;



This looks complicated, but believe me, it's quite easy.  You just have to do it in an assembly line order.  I couldn't believe how quick these cards came together!  And I'm rather digging how they look.

Times for the class are:  Sunday, February 12th - 1:30 to 4:30
                                       Tuesday, February 14th - 10 am to 2 pm
                                        Friday, February 17th, - 10 am to 2 pm 

Cost of the class is $15, which includes the cost of the note cards.  It's a bargain!  Plus you get to meet other stamping people (and you know we are a special breed), and have a fun day making cards.  Great get away for a dreary winter day!  Please contact me here to make your reservation.  Hope to see you soon!

Here's a little video highlighting the cards we will be making in class...




Blessings,

Sheryl


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10