Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!

Good Morning!

Today I wanted to share with you the Valentine cards that I made my little kiddos - Maelyn, Sage, Kale and Cody.  I just love the stamp set, Yummy in My Tummy (pg 16 in the Occasions Catalog) - a wonderful stamp set to make birthday cards for the 2-8 year old set. (Cody is 13, but he still appreciates a slimy monster or two.)  So why not a Valentine card?  That horned monster, with the big circle on his tummy is just asking to be made into a shaker card!

Here is what I made:




Green Monster:  I slimed the green monster two ways;  one card I used the fine tip glue pen and smeared that all over him.  Once he dried he was a 3-d slime fest.  It took several hours for the glue to dry.  So next, I used a sponge dauber and versa mark and inked up the slime monster with that.  I also used my blender pen, dipped in a puddle of versa mark ink to get the small area.  Then I used clear embossing powder, and blasted it with the heat gun;  instant shiny slime monster!



Horned Monster:   I stamped the horned monster in archival black ink on a sheet of the 6x6 paper stack, Sending Love (pg. 15), fussy cut him out and punched out his tummy with a 1-1/2" circle punch.  I then punched out some glittery red hearts using the red glimmer paper and the confetti hearts punch.  To fill the shaker part, I used glittery hearts and the Sprinkle Embellishments (pg. 32).  These have little pearls in it and it makes the monster rattle ever so nicely.

Here is what the inside of the cards looked like:


Here are the Measurements:

Whisper white CS - 5-1/2 x 7-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Real Red - 3 x 5-1/4 for front of card (embossed with Happy Heart Embossing folder)
                  2 x 5-1/2 for cutting out hearts using the Love Notes Framelits
DSP - 1-1/2 x 5-1/2 and 3/4 x 5-1/2 for inside of the card
Window sheet - 2 x 2

Stamp Sets:  Sealed with Love and Yummy in My Tummy
Ink:  Real Red

These were fun and easy to do! My grandchildren just loved them!

I hope that you have a wonderful Valentines Day!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10