Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The Card That Did Not Make the Cut

Hi All!

Today I'm going to share with you a very pretty card that I was going to include in my September class, but didn't.  And it was for a practical reason, which I will explain, but first, here is the card, both the front and the inside:



The inspiration for this card came from the Summer Stamp Camp that I attended in Champaign earlier in August. I just love the Painted Harvest Stamp set and the Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper!    And that's where I ran into a problem.  I didn't have enough DSP for everyone to get the Sunflower paper on the front.  I tried it with some of the other beautiful papers in the pack, but they didn't quite do the trick.  So we may do this one as a single in October.  Just too pretty not to make this card and share it!

Right now, Chloe is having an out of body experience because my husband Gary is outside mowing the lawn.  Chloe loves to go out while he's mowing because he will toss the ball for her.  The problem is, is that we have a nest of baby rabbits by our porch, which Chloe will not leave alone!  On baby she accidentally killed.  She pulled another one of the nest (twice), but didn't hurt it.  I picked it up to keep her away from it.  Sweet little baby.  I held the baby rabbit while I went to the door to make Chloe go inside.  She was bounding around with glee, thinking I was bringing the rabbit inside for her to play with.  She went running into the house and I shut the door!   The little rabbit was fine, just a bit shocked to be in the maw of a dog.  He was wiggling around in my hand right before I put him back in his nest.  A couple of days ago, it appeared that the mother rabbit had moved her family.  We no longer saw the babies in the nest.  Unfortunately, when I let Chloe out last night right before her bed time, she jumped in the hostas and I heard a big squeek.  She didn't grab whatever it was, but I think she stepped on it.  We checked this morning for bodies, but didn't find anything.  So for right now, Chloe has been banished from the backyard unless she's under adult supervision.  Here's a picture of "Killer", bane of the rabbits.


She loves to carry live things in her mouth like birds, rabbits.  And they squeak!  I really wish the rabbits would find someone else's yard to breed!

Hope you had a wonderful Labor Day!

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10