Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Another Blog Waddle - Oh Baby!

Welcome to another Blog Waddle by the Stray Ducklings!  Quack! Quack!



I am about to become a grandmother for the 6th time (unbelievable!) in the very near future - last of August, first part of September.  (read next week).  This time around, my son Matt and his wife Alex decided that they did not want to know the baby's sex until it was born.  After two boys, Alex would really, really, like to have a little girl.  So, that kind of put me in a quandary - what kind of card to make.  So, being an overachiever, I made three different designs, one in blue and one in pink.

Today I will show you the first set of cards.  I will reveal the others over the next few days.  Here is Baby Card #1:  I cased this from Dawn Griffith - such a cute card!



Look at that little guy peeking out from the card!  And it even has a cute little surprise - check out the inside front:


Isn't that adorable?  The card was a bit involved to make, but what fun!  and the results were well worth it.  I think that little bear is so cute!  Reminds me of Winnie the Pooh!

  • Circle Framelits were used to cut out the front of the card.  
  • I used the bundle  "A Little Wild" - stamps and coordinating thinlits, from the annual catalog.  
  • The sentiment on the tag is from A Little Wild, but I cut it out with the tag thinlit from the Wood Crate Framelits.  
  • I used some thick White Baker's Twine and the 3/8" woven ribbon to finish it off.  
  • The little bear was stamped on Shimmery White paper and then watercolored with an Aqua Painter and some crumb cake.  
  • The flowers, grass and bees were colored with Stampin' Write markers, subtle collection.


Tomorrow I will show you the 2nd design that I made - both girl and boy!  So stay tuned!

You came from Nancy Legate.  Now, if you can, waddle on over to  Debbie Kramer -  - the next blog in our waddle.

Here is a updated and complete list of our Duckling Waddle:

Karie B.

Bonnie A.

Nancy L.

Debbie K.

Lorie H.

Sue B. 

Mary H.

Kim B.


Have a blessed day and enjoy the blog hop!

Sheryl

Here is what I used to make this card:



4 comments:

09 10