Wednesday, November 10, 2021

November Blog Waddle from the Stray Ducklings - Happy Holidays!

 Hi All!  

Welcome to our November Blog Waddle - the Holidays are upon us!


The inspiration for this blog hop is the Holidays!  I use Pinterest to give me inspiration when designing my cards.  Here is a card that I found to be so beautiful in it's understatement of images:  





This card uses the peaceful season Designer series paper.  The catalog does not do it justice.  It's in blacks and grays and silver, which you think, not too christmassy.  But when put together with the coordinating stamp set, it is gorgeous and so unique looking.  I used Evening Evergreen as the base of my card.  The layering piece is Smokey Slate.  I stamped the cabin in Memento Tuxedo black and die cut the trees in Evening Evergreen.  The sentiment was stamped in Evening Evergreen and I punched it out with the Essential Tag Punch - it fit perfectly!

Here is another card I made using the Gingerbread and Peppermint paper - using an technique that has been around a while - the penny spinner.  This card delights both old and young.  It's so much fun to watch it spin!  And it's easy to make.  There is a die in Beautiful Trees die set that works perfectly to cut the slit in the card.  I actually used the retired Word Window Punch.   Sandwich a dimensional between two pennies and the card front.  Give it a good shake and voila!  We have a spinner card.  I originally got the idea from Dawn Olchefske.  

Here is her YouTube video explaining on make the spinning mechanism on the card and the shaking technique (essential to make it spin!)


Here is my card.  I cut out a star cookie with Cinnamon Cider card stock and the frosting with the coordinating die, out of basic white..  I sponged the edges of the cookie to make them looked more "baked".  




Both of these cards were from my October 2021 class.  You too can make beautiful cards like these with my classes.  Contact me if you would like to experience the world of card making...I'll warn you.  It's addicting!


Hope you enjoyed my cards today.  Waddle on over to Nancy Legate  and see what inspiring cards she has!

Here is a list of all my dear Ducklings who are participating in this months blog hop:  


May you have a wonderful and blessed Holiday Season.

Blessings,

Sheryl

 

4 comments:

  1. Great cards!! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I love both of your cards! The first one is so peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheryl, I love both cards! The first one is so very peaceful!

    ReplyDelete

09 10