Thursday, June 10, 2021

June 2021 Stray Duckling Blog Waddle - New Catalog

 Hi All!

This month we are featuring cards made with product from the new 2021-2022 Annual Catalog.  

I selected the Hand Penned Stamp set along with the Penned Flowers Dies and the gorgeous Hand Penned Designer Series Paper.  Wow this is a beautiful set which would be appropriate for almost any occassion.  

I CASE'd this card from Lynn Dunn of stamptasticdesigns.com.  She creates some fantastic cards.  This one really caught my eye and I'm featuring it as the bonus card in my June Class. 





This is a fun fold called a Book Binding.  I cut the paper 4-1/4 x 11 and scored at 4-1/4 and 5-1/2.  I glued the are between the two score lines down and what was left was a 4-1/4 x 4-1/4 area.  I cut the DSP at 4 x 4 for the large part of the front and then for the "binding" part, I cut a 1 x 4" piece of DSP.  Since this is 12 x 12, the measurements work out without any waste!  My kind of card!

I stamped the outline of the flowers in Memento Tuxedo black and stamped the flowers with Daffodile Delight and Highland Heather.  The leaves are Garden Green.  I finished off the card with some white twine and the Geniel Gems.  This card can be made in either landscape or portrait.  

Here is the link to Lynn's post about this card.  She also has a video that shows how she made it.  She shows how to make this card not only with 4-1/4 x 11, but also both landscape and portrait using 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 card stock.  

Thanks for stopping by.  The next blog you will want to visit is  Nancy Legate

Here is a list of all the ducklings who are participating.


Kim Baker
Sheryl Diemer
Nancy Legate
Debbie Widener
Lori Helvick
Sue Boerner 

Have a blessed day!


Sheryl







5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!!! I am going to have to case this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheryl, I love this bundle and I love this fold! You put both together so beautifully! AND with a finished envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the Hand-Penned products!

    ReplyDelete

09 10