Friday, February 2, 2018

February 2018 Card Class - My 10 Pound Baby

Hey all!

As I was struggling (and that is an understatement) to design the cards for the February class, all I kept thinking was that it would be easier for me to give birth to a 10 lb. baby then to design these cards!  Yikes, I had problems.  My biggest challenge was using the Brusho Crystal Colour.  This is a fine powder of intense colors - new in the Occasions Catalog.  I had seen some beautiful cards made with this and wanted to introduce this in my class.  Ok.  Rule #1 - I need to be able to use the stuff before I can make a card, let alone show others how to use it.  Many, many failed attempts and I finally, came up with a card.  Some things I learned about Brusho - 1) use SPARINGLY!  just a few powders - just some specs on the paper 2)  don't mess with it too much - 3) - it's a bit messy so steer clear of ink pads, rubber stamps and clothing - 4)  tape the paper down!  5) me and water color paper don't get along.

The results can be spectacular, but they are also very unpredictable.  Something I have had to learn to live with.  I think Brusho and I will have a wonderful relationship in the long run - it's that short term learning curve that got to me.

Anyhow, here is my 10 lb. baby and after 3 days of intense labor I present to you:

February 2018 Card Class! - Theme is Birthdays!





Dates for class are:

Sunday, February 18th, - 1:30 - 4:30 - my home
Tuesday, February 20th - 10am - 2:00pm -
Friday, February 23rd - 10am - 2:00pm

Please let me know by Monday, February 12th if you will be attending.  I got a feeling I've got a lot of paper to cut.

I wanted to show you a close up of the card using Brusho - it actually turned out quite pretty and isn't difficult to make at all - honest!


I used shimmer paper and heat embossed the butterfly on using white embossing powder.  I then sprinkled on some Brusho (sparingly) - the Prussion Blue and the Yellow - then I spritzed it with a water mister.  Then LEAVE IT ALONE TO DRY - as is dries, the colors continue to move and blend.  I love the way the colors explode once you spray on the water. Below are the supplies that I used.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the cards for the February Class - Hope to see you there!

Blessings,

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10