Thursday, March 23, 2017

Stamp-A-Stack Sympathy Cards -

Good Morning!

Today I'm going to share with you the cards that we will be making in my March Madness Stamp-A-Stack Sympathy card class, being held on Tuesday, March 28th and Friday, March 31st.  Here are the cards:


Simple, yet elegant and heartfelt.  I have 6 different designs:  the only thing that I require is that you make a minimum of 6 - it could be 2 of 3 or one of each of the 6 or 6 of one design.  It's up to you!  Cost for the 6 cards is $15...any additional cards is $2.50.  Contact me today if you wish to sign up.  Deadline is Saturday, March 25th!

On another note, I've taken up quilting again.  I'm taking classes at our local quilt store, The Quilting Corner.  I made quilts back about 20 years ago, but a growing family and a full time job made that go to the back burner.  Now that I'm retired, I'm getting back into it.  Learning a lot of new things.  Here's one very handy thing I learned about.  Here's a picture - guess what it is?


It's called a spider and you use this to end a line of stiching - rather than pulling it away from the machine and snipping the threads, you just keep sewing right on to this piece of fabric.  To start you sewing, you just sew right off of the spider and on to your fabric....saves a ton of thread and messes!  As you can see, my spider is well used.

And here is a sneak peek at my quilt top - this Wednesday is when I go and put on the border - I'm making it for my grandson Sage who lives in Colorado.  Here's a picture of my inspiration:



He loves construction equipment - in fact he used to call any earth moving equipment, "diggers".  When I saw this fabric, I knew it was for Sage.  The contrasting fabric is yellow and red.  The red kind of looks like fire and let me tell you, Sage is a ball of fire!  I'll show you the entire quilt when I'm done.


Here is a sneak peek at the border, the backing and the binding:

Backing - looks like tire tracks!

This is the binding - Isn't it adorable!

This will be the border - love it!

My plan is to make a special quilt for each of my grandchildren.  I've got my work cut out for me because come September, I will have 6 grandchildren!  Yikes!

Until tomorrow, have a wonderful day!

Sheryl

1 comment:

  1. Nice variety of sympathy cards and really cute grandson! He'll love his quilt!

    ReplyDelete

09 10