Saturday, September 10, 2022

September Stampin' Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle: Embossing Folders!

 Hi All!

Welcome to our Blog Waddle for September - your place for monthly inspiration!


This month, we challenged ourselves to show different ways to use Stampin'Up's wonderful embossing folders...a must have for every card maker!  I will show you 3 ways that I use embossing folders - we use at least one in every one of my classes!

What is an embossing folder?  They are plastic and hinged, and when you put it through the Stampin'Up Cut & Emboss Machine, it makes a raised pattern on your card stock.  Stampin'Up has 2 types - embossing and 3-D embossing, which gives you a much more distinctive impression.

The first way I use my embossing folder, is simply as a background.  In August, I used the Leaf Fall 3-D folder to give my card a little "something, something", in the very vanilla part of the front of the card.  It adds a bit of texture and interest.  


The second way that I like to use the embossing folders is to put the stamped image or the adhered Desinger series paper through a folder - I usually use a fine image, such as the Painted Texture, or he Timeworn Type - a finer image.  What this does to the card, is unify the dsp and also makes it look a bit like a fabric.  On the second sample below, I used different folders, now retired, but the effect is the same:

Painted Texture 3D

Tasteful Textile 3-D folder (retired)

The third way I like to use the Stampin'Up embossing folders is on the envelope flaps!  I unique and quick way to make that envelope a little bit more special.  Here is what is looks like:



Here is a photo of how you would put it through the Cut & Emboss machine.  To avoid a crease and for perfect placement, just put the flap in the folder.  


The folder is going through the machine sideways, which is not recommended, but as long as you don't do too many, it should be ok.  

I hope you enjoyed today's tips on how to use the embossing folders.  

Your next stop in this blog waddle is:  Kim Baker

Here is a list of all our participants.  Be sure to visit and leave a comment!  We love hearing from you!


May you have a Blessed Day!

Sheryl



Product List
Painted Texture 3 D Embossing Folder
$9.00
Leaf Fall 3 D Embossing Folder
$10.00
Stampin' Cut & Emboss Machine
$125.00
Hello Harvest Bundle (English)
$49.50
Oceanfront Photopolymer Stamp Set
$22.00

4 comments:

  1. Awesome cards Sheryl! I didn't think about using them on the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all! I forgot about embossing envies... so C@@L❣️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such pretty cards and envelopes!

    ReplyDelete

09 10