Sunday, July 10, 2022

July Stampin' Stray Ducklings Blog Waddle - Let's Sale-a-Brate!

 Hi all!

We are back with another blog waddle that we hope inspires your creativity!


This month we will be showing you some of our favorite Sale-A-Bration product.  My hands down favorite it the  Hippest Hippos Stamp set and Coordinating dies (get each free for every $50 spent in Stampin'Up product )




Here are 2 cards that I made with this stamp set.  I just made one for my little 6 year old granddaughter for her birthday. I love the little umbrella!  And who doesn't love a hippo in a polka dot tutu!

I made a card similar to this for my granddaughters 6th birthday.




This one may look a bit familiar - I'm using this card for my July 2022 classes - it's a fun fold called a diamond easel card.  I got my inspiration from Dawn Griffith, a Stampin'Up demonstrator in Michigan.
  


The other Sale-a-bration stamp set that I absolutely love is called a Wonderful World - If you spend $100 you can get this stamp set and the coordinating 12 x 12 Designer Series paper.


Here is the card that I made.  This was designed by Linda Heller - I loved it so much that I C.A.S.E d it.



The stamp set is gorgeous.  It's a patent pending stamp type called Distinktive - the shading is beautiful.  I did find, however, that I got the best image if I inked up the stamp using sponge daubers - it made for much more subtle color.  This was a tip from Linda Heller, Stampin'Up demonstrator in North Carolina.  (here is her link )

This fold is called a double gate fold and it's a great way to use up all the Designer Series Paper that you've been hoarding. (Come on- I know your out there with your tons of DSP, like me!)You can also use card stock and cut the Designer Series paper to layer on top.  

Hope you enjoyed today's cards.  Your next stop is Lori Helvick

Here is a list of all our ducklings that are participating this month:



Blessings,
Sheryl

2 comments:

09 10