Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spring has Sprung - March 2021 Stampin' Stray Ducklings Waddle

 Hi all!

Welcome to another Stray Duckling Waddle!  This month we are showcasing Spring/Easter...Enough with the cold, the snow....Bring it on Spring!

Every spring I think of this delightfully silly poem:  

Spring is sprung, the grass is riz.
I wonder where the birdies is.
They say the birdies on the wing, but that's absurd.
I always thought the wing was on the bird.

Anyway, this is my card that I designed this year...this will be my official 2021 Easter card.  It's a bit different...it's a 5 x 5 square card.  I also had to make the envelope.  I love the pink and gray together. The paper is Peony Garden Designer series paper.  I arranged it around the square, using 4 different patterns.  I adhered the DSP to a 5 x 5 piece of whisper white cardstock and then ran it through the Stampin' Cut and Emboss machine with the Subtle 3D embossing folder.  ...I also used the beautiful flowering vine dies and of course the cute little bunny from the Springtime Joy stamp set.  I colored her with Stampin' Blends.



On the inside I used my Stamparatus to make sure the sentiment was straight (a perpetual problem with me) and also to use the hinge stamp technique to perfectly place  the beautiful tulips on the bottom....


I used Fable Friends stamps set for the front sentiment... It's retired from 2 years ago. I chose this sentiment because it fit in the die.  I made the card before I realized that the Arrange a Wreath sentiment works just as well.  My bad!


Here is a pdf with the recipe :  


Please visit the next blog on your waddle:  Nancy Legate

Here is a list of all the Ducklings participating in this months blog hop: 

Kim Baker
Sheryl Diemer ⇦ You are Here
Nancy Legate
Lori Helvick
Debbie Widener
Sue Boerner

May you have a peaceful and blessed Easter!


Sheryl


4 comments:

  1. Sheryl, I love how you used the flowering vine die with the peony paper and the bunny! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Easter card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your designer paper layout is just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute, li'l bunny. I love how you do inspiration sheets with your projects, it's so helpful to others. <3

    ReplyDelete

09 10