Wednesday, October 9, 2019

World Card Making Day - 2019

Hi Everone!

Last Saturday, October 5th, was World Card Making Day.  I made cards, but it wasn't because it was World Card Making Day - it just turned out to be a happy coincidence... and therefore I am claiming it!  I designed these two cards for our We Care Team at St. Michael and All Angels Anglican Church.  We are sending out "thinking of you" cards to our shut ins. 

Here they are:



The first card uses the First Frost stamp set - this little gem is in the annual catalog and was first introduced last year in the 2018 Holiday Catalog - it is an a beautiful stamp set and very versatile.

The second card is made with the Painted Harvest stamp set - a big favorite of mine!  The flowers were embossed and then I used a shaving cream technique that demonstrator Kim Jolley came up with - you put the ink directly on an acrylic block, then a light layer of shaving cream.  You take this and smear it over your card, then scrape off the shaving cream!  Sounds hard then it is.  It's just a bit messy.  Also, embossing the flowers is a bit time consuming.  I really would like to add this to my class schedule, but I'm afraid my ladies might throw things at me in frustration.  I might have a coffee and cards and this would be the only card we make. 

Hope you enjoyed my cards!  I plan on designing Thanksgiving and Christmas cards for our shut ins and invite the ladies of the church to  help make them and join in the fun of card making!

Stay tuned tomorrow for our October Stampin Stray Duckling blog waddle. 

Blessings,

Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10