Saturday, November 10, 2018

Welcome to the November Blog Waddle

Hello!  It's time for another Blog Waddle from the Stray Ducklings!


The theme is "Anything"! This month, I'm getting ready for not only my November class, but my December class as well.  Today will be a sneak peak into my December class.  I got this idea from Jan Brown, a Stampin'Up demonstrator in the UK.  I follow her on YouTube and this idea is absolutely smashing!  It's called glittery forest and it's not using the dryer sheet technique!  Here is one of the cards we will be making in December:



I used the Holiday Catalog Stamp set, Winter Woods (pg 27 - #147661) stamped in Crumb Cake and Tranquil Tide.  I tore a piece of paper the width of my stamped image (3-3/4 x 5) to make it look like a snow bank and adhered that to the front bottom.

Then, and here is the big reveal, I used a Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (AC p. 213-#144106) cut to 4 x 5 and placed it face down on the sticky part.  You need to burnish the sticky side really well and carefully peel it back to make sure all the adhesive is on the front.  Then place sticky side down in dazzling diamond glitter and press.  I looked at it, spooned a bit more glitter on the top, and then I laid it on the table, glittery side up and took the wax sheet that I removed, placed it on top and burnished it again, to make sure the glitter was well glued.  This is much easier, the glitter sticks much better and the image is sharper than using the dryer sheets.  Genius!

The card base was thick Whisper White, cut at 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 5-1/2.  Tranquil tide cut at 4 x 5-1/4 provided the second layer.  Stamped image was 3-3/4 x 5.  Easy-Peasy!  Thank you Jan Brown!

If you haven't visited the other very talented Waddlers, here is a list.  Make sure you leave a comment!







Sheryl Diemer- you are here


Blessings!

Sheryl

1 comment:

  1. Sheryl this card is so stunning! I'm very glad I got to see it in person today! The pic doesn't do it justice. I bet your class participants loved this one!

    ReplyDelete

09 10