Monday, July 10, 2023

July Stray Duckling Blog Waddle - My favorite Card Layout

 Hi all,

Welcome!  This month our inspiration was using our favorite card sketch.  My absolute go to sketch was designed by Julie Davison, who is a wonderful Stampin'Up demonstrator here in Central Illinois.  Here is her sketch:

I just find this layout very eye appealing.  Here is the card I created using this sketch.  I used the Earthen Textures bundle - stamp set and coordinating dies and the coordinating Designer Series Paper, Earthen Elegance.  I think this may be my all time favorite product from Stampin'Up.  It is so much fun creating the pots - the possibilities are endless.  Shannon West once said that you just can't make an ugly card with this set.. and I think she just might be right.  




The colors I used, I pulled from the designer series paper:  Copper Clay, Pretty Peacock, Pecan Pie and Pebbled Path.  My card base is Pebbled Path, and I used the DSP for the pots and distressed gold paper to make the elements in the pot.  For the circle I used the largest circle of the Stylish Shapes dies and then embossed it with the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder.  

Here are some examples of past cards where I used this layout.  As you can tell, I really like this layout!








I hope you enjoyed todays blog and that I've inspired you to use a sketch for you next card layout.  

Continue on with these fellow Stray Ducklings:

Blessings,  Sheryl


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Sheryl, I agree, very appealing and I love all the different cards you made using that sketch!!! Sue

    ReplyDelete

09 10