Tuesday, September 10, 2019

Fall Is In The Air - Stamping Stray Duck Waddle

Hi All!

How do you like our new name?  Stampin' Stray Ducklings!  We are no longer strays, because we have a strong bond with each other.  The Stray Ducklings was formed by demonstrators that no longer had an upline.  Our Mama Duck, Lori, brought us all together and together we are awesome!

This month, we are featuring fallish cards.  The card that I'm showing you today is the one I designed for our September Stampin' Stray Duckling Meeting swap.  I'm not sure what possesed me, but I think I made one of the most complicated cards in my life!  And it wasn't so much the flip/flap mechanism, but all the detail that I put in to it.




The apple was first punched out with the apple builder punch.  Then I sponged it in Cherry Cobbler.  Then I used the Stamparatus and stamped the outline of the apple and the highlight, in Early Espresso.  Not done yet.  I liked the white outline of the apple, so I punched out a 2nd apple in whisper white, trimmed down the sponged apple and glued them together.  I stamped and punched out 3 green leaves, and punched out one stem in Early Espresso. The apple slice was created with the stamp and then colored with Stampin' blends and fussy cut out.  You can use the apple builder punch, but I found it easier to just hand cut it.

I also used the buffalo check background stamp with Early Espresso Ink on Cherry cobbler card stock and mounted this on a layer of Old Olive.  The stitched squares were created by using the Stitched Shapes dies.(3 different sizes) The sentiment "Friend" was punched out with a punch.  All in all I used 4 punches, 3 dies, 4 Stampin'Blends, 1 Stampin' sponge and 6 different card stocks.  I was exhausted after making these!

They definitely will have to go to a very special friend and probably hand delivered because the card is a tad  thick!

Hope you enjoyed today's card.  Next stop is Stampin' Stray Duckling:  Nancy Legate

Check out the rest of the beautiful cards created by my fellow ducklings: 

Sheryl Diemer - ⟸your are here





Blessings,
Sheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10